Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 50546
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Human Resources
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 3 month term opportunity for a Benefits Clerk to join our Human Resources team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Accurately enter information into various systems as required
- Generate reports used for determining EAP eligibility
- Track cheques for benefit payments as received
- Track beneficiaries and Benefit Confirmation Statements
- Open, sort and track mail received into Benefits department
- Scan documents as received in a timely manner
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain customer confidence and keep information confidential
- Other duties as assigned
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage time effectively
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Able to work on given tasks independently
- Excellent Customer Service skills coupled with an understanding of the team's commitment to meet service levels
- Aptitude for understanding technology
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be flexible, while remaining detail oriented
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.