Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252788
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-36602b External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Intermed Care DVA
FACILITY: Ridgewood Veterans Wing (Required to work both Liberty Lane and Victory Lane)
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RN
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.55, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Knowledge and experience working with Geriatric and cognitively impaired patients.
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- CPR certification
- Accuchek Machine certification
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public.
- May be required to work both nursing units, Victory Lane and Liberty Lane
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to non-professional staff.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the nursing department in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 20, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 36602b -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.