Technology System Specialist Edmonton, AB 03/06/2019
WSP in Edmonton, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Technology (ICT & Security( Specialist ) ) to join our Technology Team, located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Director, Western Canada Technology. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
- Technology design for ICT, security, and AV systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors
- Design of integrated intelligent building systems for SMART Buildings is a plus
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Preparation of schematic design, design development, tender, and construction drawings and specifications
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Completing research, construction audits, and field reviews
- Coordinating and tracking RFIs, change orders, and project documents
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Eligibility for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) is preferred
- Industry Certification Preferred (BICSI: RCDD, ASIS: APP, PSP)
- One to five (1-5) years of experience designing low tension systems for buildings
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of technology in the buildings environment including the challenges of construction and system integration
- Professional knowledge of structured cabling, IT networks, intercom systems, nurse call systems, RTLS, audio/visual and video conferencing systems, public address systems, wireless networks, distributed antenna systems, video surveillance systems, access control systems, intrusion detection systems, and/or other technology-related systems.
- Experience in Institutional (schools, data centres, correctional facilities), Healthcare (hospitals, long-term care homes), Transportation (airports, rail), and Infrastructure (Hydro, telcoms) verticals is desirable
- Familiarity with the Public-Private-Partnership (P3) pursuits and delivery on the compliance and/or Project Co side
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit , or BIM is an asset
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients, architects, engineers, and contractors
- Proven ability to work with incomplete information and manage unclear or conflicting requirements
- Good initiative; attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.