WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Divisional Controller to join our Transportation Finance Team, located at our Vancouver, BC office. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance, Transportation Canada.
- Prepare all periodic accounting and financial reporting and variance analysis within the established corporate deadlines;
- Develop and coordinate the firm's quarterly forecasts and annual business plan / budget and related updates;
- Develop effective financial performance metrics and information systems for management to improve decision making;
- Provide leadership for a team of project accountants and continuously review, improve, standardize and streamline business processes;
- Attend the Management / Operations Committee meetings and lead the presentation of the monthly financial results;
- Partner with the operations group and understand their needs with respect to financial performance and identifying trends/issues which might impact their current or future operations;
- Structure the financial management reporting and processes to support the growth and future needs of the business;
- Works hand in hand with Operation to optimize projects execution and predictability
- Monitor and challenge financial and operational performance across the platform; providing timely financial analysis and recommendations for corrective action, as appropriate;
- Manage Work In Progress and Accounts Receivables for the business units, optimize the billing and collection cycle working closely with the project managers and the accounting team to optimize DSO;
- Collaborate with other Divisional Controllers to share information and best practices, enhancement of synergy culture within Transportation
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, or CMA);
- A minimum of 5+ years of managerial and leadership experience in a senior financial role;
- Experience in a professional services organization is highly desirable;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and proactive problem solving skills with an affinity for details;
- Experience collaborating with multiple business partners and professionals;
- Proficiency to translate financial results, information and ideas to non-financial professionals;
- Ability to analyze short and long term financial impacts of various strategic options;
- Autonomous, collaborative with strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.