National Quality Manager
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
TORONTO or VANCOUVER (additional Major Canadian Centres considered)
WSP is currently seeking a National Quality Manager to join our Transportation Business Line. Reporting to the Director of Project Controls and Commercial Management, Transportation, this role can be located at any of our major centers across Canada. In this position, you will be responsible for implementing and refining Transportation's Quality Program, administering Quality training, metrics and reporting, and supporting our Market Sector Design Managers / Design Quality Managers to deliver Client specific quality requirements across the Transportation Business Line.
- Develop, implement and refine the Transportation Quality Program across Canada;
- In consultation with our National Risk and Commercial Managers, ensure adequate policies and procedures are in place to manage quality risks associated with the design of Alternative Delivery projects (interface conflicts, quantity growth, CAD and contract compliance, etc.)
- Support our Market Sector Design Managers / Design Quality Managers to develop project specific Quality Plans as required to fulfill Client requirements;
- Perform and oversee timely Quality Audits to ensure project services and deliverables meet Quality Plan requirements and prepare corresponding reports;
- Follow through to ensure resolution of audit results, Non-Conformances and Corrective and Preventative Actions in accordance with WSP's Corporate Quality Program;
- Support the preparation and submission of quality plan documentation to Clients, specifically for Alternative Delivery Projects in the pursuit phase;
- Oversee and provide QC process and procedures training and support to staff;
- In consultation with our National Technology and Process Manager, prepare and implement recommendations for Continual Improvement of quality processes, adoption/integration of technology to enhance quality processes, and support for the lessons learned process;
- Produce regular reporting metrics summarizing the results of QC/QA training, implementation, auditing, and all other activities undertaken or recommended;
- Act as an advocate for the Transportation Quality mandate; possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company;
- Some travel is required for the purpose of training at other offices or site audits;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in engineering, or quality assurance discipline or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and additional training/professional credentials
- 7-10 years of related experience in a quality role, including understanding and implementation of quality management principles and procedures (ISO 9001 or similar);
- ISO Internal / Lead Auditor certification from Canadian recognized service provider;
- Prior experience with ISO registration and re-certification process would be an asset;
- Bilingual in English/French (strongly preferred, but not required);
- Strong experience with Alternative Delivery Project methodologies (P3, DB, EPCM), with a particular focus on design delivery aspects;
- Background in Transportation Infrastructure delivery, with preference given to design experience;
- Understanding of quality risks associated with the design component of Alternative Delivery projects;
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentation;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- People management experience preferred (able to grow skill sets of one or more Project Controls specialists to provide required reporting and training);
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with MS Office suite and other relevant software packages, comfortable with adopting and training for new technologies;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.