Food Services Manager
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Food Services
CLASSIFICATION: Food Services Manager
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: March 17, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour Day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of the Beauséjour Zone Food Service in order to provide food services to patients, employees, volunteers and visitors; establishes local and regional policies and procedures on service operation such as menu planning, food preparation, meal distribution and service, budget, food purchase, equipment and / or supplies, sanitation standards, safety practices, human resources, orientation and continuing education of the service workforce. Ensures the compliance of the Service with the laws, accreditation, standards and policies of the Network. Actively participate in the dietary internship program. Actively participate in regional initiatives that affect the delivery of Food Service and / or the Network's strategic plan.
- Graduate from a recognized University of Dietitians of Canada with a Bachelor of Nutrition degree or equivalent;
- Active member of the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians (NBAD);
- Five years of relevant management experience;
- Recognized skills in communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Recognized skills in leadership, problem-solving, team work approach and change management;
- Recognized skills in management of human, physical, material and financial resources;
- Demonstrate good judgment and initiative;
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Meditech;
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks;
- Sincere desire to improve one's professional knowledge and skills and ability to stimulate professional interest within the team;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
The salary commensurates with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment