Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Recovery Room
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 11 months)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour and/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Implement the steps of the nursing process and preside over the episode of care within a helping relationship with the clients and their families. Be able to report to work within 20 minutes during the on call service. Perform all other related duties as required of the service.
- Member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- Successful completion of a recognized course in critical care;
- Experience of at least 1 year in medicine and surgery acquired during the last 5 years;
- Certification in ACLS, PALS or must obtain certification within a year after acquiring the position and must maintain the certification;
- Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) and must maintain the certification;
- Certification for delegated medical acts and must maintain the certification;
- Knowledge of information technology;
- Strong interest to deepen his/her knowledge in acute care;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment.