Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT : Infirmary
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will have to work closely with the case managers of HRC's clinical programs as well as with the supervisor on duty. This work requires giving total nursing care, both physical and psychiatric, to meet the individual needs of patients admitted to RHC. Actively participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives. Will be a member of the code response team (codes white, blue, etc.) and take an active role as a leader during the codes.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Successfully complete the OMEGA course or commitment to undertake such a course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Leadership qualities, good judgment, decision making and adaptability;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment