Manager, Accounting (Pharmacy) 15 Month Term
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 50548
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Finance Shared Services
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Accounting (Pharmacy) to join our National Finance Shared Services team for a 15 Month Term. This position is based out of our office in Dartmouth, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Provide guidance/assistance to employees completing financial statements and/or any required follow-up items
- Oversee/complete the period-end process, controls, and procedures
- Review working papers that support account balances
- Facilitate the internal and external audit of accounts and balances
- Review and analyze store inventory count results
- Apply business and financial expertise to assist in resolution of complex issues
- Reviewing and validating financial statements for completeness and accuracy
- Consolidated financial reporting and KPI reporting in compliance with internal financial controls and IFRS
- Ensure compliance with CEO/CFO certification, and compliance with Sobeys Inc. accounting policies and IFRS
- Work towards harmonizing processes and cost control and efficiencies
- Foster an environment that encourages employee engagement and motivates team members to perform at their best
- Identify individual development needs and provide coaching, support and direction in terms of on-the-job learning and formal training to create development plans that address gaps
- Lead by example by focusing on personal career development and pursuing opportunities to increase relevant knowledge and skills
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues in your department are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas
- Ability to:
- Deconstruct and analyze large volumes of data
- Understand and apply IFRS
- Comfortably communicate and present to senior leaders
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Leverage technology to meet business goals and requirements
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement
Lead functional team and drive employee engagement
- Coach, develop and empower team members
- Create opportunities for skill development and career progression to develop talent
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post Secondary Education and professional accounting designation (CPA) or MBA or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Accounting/ Finance experience in progressively responsible positions
- Experience working for a large national company with high volume transactions preferred
- Experience managing and coaching a team
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.