Registered Nurse (RN)- P/T
CBI Health Group in Courtenay, BC
Registered Nurse (RN)- P/T - Courtenay
If you are an RN interested in supplemental or part-time work, this part-time/casual position, requiring a few shifts per week between 9:30am-3:30pm, may be just what you are looking for!
CBI - Courtenay Health Centre and Physiotherapy is situated in the beautiful Comox Valley. We are framed by Mount Washington on one side and beautiful ocean and beachfront on the other. There are more reasons than can be counted as to why we are ranked as one of the most visited destinations for tourists in Canada. Where else can you enjoy a morning of paddle boarding and then head up the mountain for a twilight alpine or Nordic ski? Our 2 locations in the Valley provide both a busy interdisciplinary and a private treatment clinic. We pride ourselves on providing staff with the ability to fit their work schedule within a healthy lifestyle that highlights work-life balance. Our clinical teams include Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologists, Chiropractors, Clinical Counselors and Physicians. We collaborate together to develop best practices and protocols for our clients. We provide competitive salaries, extended medical benefits and continuing education allowances.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the inter-professional care team
- Providing assessment of mobility function and care management services to individuals with physical, functional and other concurrent disorders
- individual counselling and education re: mobility and community access
- Assisting clients to access appropriate services in the community
- Acting as client advocate to protect and promote client's right to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, and access to information
- Working within a client and family model of care with acute, chronic populations within the community
- Practicing within the context of a client and family centred care model
- Assessing service eligibility, facilitating the development, implementation, and adaptation of a mobility care plan
- Working in partnership with the client and family
- Working in consultation with other system partners and incorporating current evidence into practice
To take on the role of Registered Nurse, you must have:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Good communication skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada's largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and care providers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.