Associate, Commercial Banking
CIBC in Rouyn-Noranda, QC
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As an Associate, Commercial Banking, you will provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions. You will have opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip you to eventually progress to the Relationship Manager role.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Engagement - Interact with assigned clients as required to facilitate prompt response to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide "best in class" service.
- Business Development - Assist with the execution of business development initiatives through contribution to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client. Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs.
- Collaborative - Assist Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary. Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
Who You Are
- You're driven by collective success . You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life .
- You put our clients first . You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You're a certified professional . Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- You're fluent in English and French.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role that requires flexibility. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to occasionally work evenings or weekends, travel, or meet clients off site in order to provide exceptional service