Reporting to: Executive Director
Date: March, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for planning and coordinating all office administration tasks. The incumbent will also be responsible for the organization's day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting.
Regular duties and responsibilities
- Processing e-mail and other correspondence and receiving and screening telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Preparing and generating various documents.
- Drafting financial and non-financial reports.
- Creating presentation templates for internal and external distribution.
- Organizing and maintaining the organization's regular files.
- Coordinating and organizing meetings of the board of directors and work committees.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of workshops and conferences.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for the president and CEO.
- Conducting research and compiling information, reports and research outcomes with a view to assisting the president and CEO with the development of various special projects undertaken by Alianco.
- Maintaining the office accounts using Sage 50 Accounting.
- Creating and maintaining an accounting filing system.
- Developing and maintaining the tracking system for the financing of various special projects.
- Managing government contribution claims.
- Producing reports as requested by the president and CEO.
- Creating and organizing documents.
- Maintaining the organization's website.
Note: These are the primary duties of the position; additional tasks may occasionally be assigned.
- A diploma in office administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
- Strong planning, event coordination, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills via telephone, e-mail and in person.
- Knowledge and ability to use various software.
- Knowledge of accounting practices for handling financial information.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Sage 50.
- Familiarity with the Windows environment.
- Sense of initiative, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Sound employment and work attendance history.
- Valid driver's licence and availability to travel.
- Minimum 2 years' experience.
Working hours: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Place of work: Greater Moncton area