Business Systems Programmer Analyst
Acadian Timber Corp. is a leading supplier of primary forest products in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern U.S. With a total of approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management, Acadian is one of the largest timberland operators in New Brunswick and Maine.
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Programmer Analyst to join their team in Edmundston, NB in a full-time role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of tools that contribute to forest operations and management planning activities including the integration of mobile technology and geographic information systems. A strong working knowledge is required of the Company's wide area network and local area networks in New Brunswick and Maine operating locations.
- Building upon the existing Forest Information System (FIS) and ensure it remains current
- Building upon the existing Geographic Information System (GIS) and ensure it remains current
- Providing interfaces for accessing information from databases
- Providing systems for managing and reporting harvest and silviculture activities and history
- Providing systems for incorporating Global Positioning System (GPS) data
- Managing annual updates
- Maintaining databases current and free of errors
- Developing tools for creating special theme maps and applications for field staff
- Identifying and implementing new and innovative ways for collecting data in order to reduce workloads, minimize redundant data entry, and decrease data processing errors.
- Employing systems for transferring data electronically between various computer systems
- Managing or providing support for the hiring of contractors that provide external computer support
- Maintaining currency on leading edge technology and applications to assist staff in performing their functions
- Bachelor's degree (B.Sc. Computer Science) or equivalent; or two to four years related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific / technical journals and contract documents
- Ability to effectively respond to requests or inquiries from internal/external customers or regulatory agencies
- Ability to solve problems independently supported by a strong self-learning capability
- Ability to prepare and deliver information and presentations to senior management and public groups
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- The position requires a deep interest in providing solutions to a wide range of "customers" from field technicians to senior management. A critical requirement is a high level of flexibility in work schedules to accommodate the range of customers serviced and their various work schedules.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions (i.e. In the woods periodically)
- Be proficient with the hardware, operating systems, databases, software and programming languages used by the Woodlands Group
Please apply online by visiting www.meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/12916
For more information on this opportunity please contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214