We are recruiting an Administrative/Legal Assistant on behalf of our client, Torys. Torys is a highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, Montréal and Halifax. They work together to offer seamless cross-border services to their clients all over the world.
Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Torys Legal Services Centre (LSC) is a centre of excellence designed to enhance the value they provide their clients by meeting more of their important legal needs. The LSC's experienced legal professionals support lawyers across Torys offices with fully integrated and specialized expertise in essential corporate services on a cost, time and process-efficient basis in an open concept office that encourages collaboration and communication. Work conducted by the LSC is integrated seamlessly into our client relationships.
We are seeking an Administrative/Legal Assistant to join Torys Legal Services Centre (LSC) in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This position provides support for all administrative related tasks including covering reception.
- Greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner, provide and keep track of access cards for all visitors.
- Responsible for opening the office at the start of day.
- Maintain printing services including managing request service and monitoring inventory.
- Provide administrative support to principals (lawyers and paralegals) which includes travel arrangements, expense reports, boardroom bookings, cheque requisitions, filing, arranging courier packages, handling and reviewing incoming mail/email/fax communications, photocopying, printing, binding and any other administrative assistance as required.
- Create various legal and other documents/agreements through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods. Document work includes converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, cross-referencing, indexing, creating tables, working with graphs, charts and objects, using graphics applications, etc.
- Assign lawyers to review non-disclosure agreements, pricing supplements and related closing documents.
- Maintain and organize files to ensure they are easily retrievable by principals, file/scan all paper or electronic correspondence/records into the firms document management system.
- Proofread and quality check documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and clarity.
- Maintain and organize files to ensure they are easily retrievable, file/scan all paper or electronic correspondence/records into the firms document management system.
- Respond promptly to requests and work collaboratively with other departments/members of the Firm.
- Participate in training, initiatives and projects as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent experience to successfully complete the essential requirements of the role.
- Previous related experience, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Strong client service orientation and familiarity with a formal business environment.
- Proficient in MS Office product suite - which includes a strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a team environment. High degree of professionalism with the ability to work with poise and discretion.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong formatting, proofreading and redacting skills.
- Sound judgment including the ability to deal with confidential information with utmost discretion.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Determined with a can-do approach.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime.
If you are interested in working in an exciting fast-paced work environment with a supportive and team-based culture providing stimulating work, learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package apply below!
To express interest in this opportunity, click the following link:
For more information contact Heather Kowalski, Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.422.4886.