Field Inspector, Municipal Engineering
WSP in Fort McMurray, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Through the success of our Fort McMurray office, we have expanded our operations and are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining and contributing to the continued success of our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure, this position includes project participation in Municipal Infrastructure, Land Development, Contract Administration and Construction Support. The opportunity will provide a broad base of, coordination, construction and field experience intended to develop your career growth at WSP.
The position will provide a unique "hands on" experience giving you the opportunity to work directly with clients, contractors and the community, work in a fast-paced environment, and use your skills to problem solve and grow your career.
This position is a term position for the 2019 construction season with the potential to extend into future years.
- Engage and coordinate with clients, contractors, project team members, stakeholders and the public on various local projects;
- Resolve issues that arise during construction, using problem solving skills and engaging other project team members;
- Develop and maintain project tracking systems, progress claims and report throughout the project life cycle;
- Supervision and inspection of construction projects to ensure that procedures and material comply with drawings and contract specifications;
- Perform field reviews and site meetings during construction, which include final project walkdowns and on-site safety observations;
- Complete daily progress and HSE reporting;
- Assist with contract administration duties when necessary; and
- Independently coordinate, inspect, and manage public communication tasks efficiently and play a key role in the success of projects.
- A graduate from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience;
- Registered or eligible for registration in APEGA or ASET is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- During construction season, must be comfortable working construction hours and potentially working shift work to match contractor schedules;
- A Valid driver's license is required for this position; and
- Construction related experience would be considered an strong asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Fort McMurray, AB