Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
WSP in Thornhill, ON
Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
Business Line Corporate
ID # 11448
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
At WSP our Strategy and Analytics team are working hard to provide decision-grade information to our leaders to continue to position WSP as a leader in the market. We're looking for an Analyst to join the Strategy Analytics and Insights team and to be located at our Thornhill or another GTA office. Reporting to the Manager, Strategy Analytics, this position will be responsible for supporting the execution of our national strategy and market sector growth by leveraging actionable market intelligence and in-depth analysis of key performance indicators/strategic measures.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do here:
- You'll be supporting the implementation, maintenance and evolution of strategy management program (i.e. data transformation, development of executive dashboards, synthesis of insights to actionable recommendations with operational considerations);
- You will leverage actionable intelligence on opportunities, competitors, and positioning to enhance WSP pre-positioning, win rates and growth in strategic and targeted markets;
- You'll develop and socialize key market data, long-term trends and insights relevant to WSP Canada and benchmark performance data and relevant economic trends;
- You will own the analysis and identify key takeaways with minimal supervision from leaders and;
- Other duties as assigned/required..
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Your undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or Accounting or otherwise relevant discipline;
- If you have a master's Degree or MBA, we'd consider it an asset (but isn't required);
- You'll have at least intermediate level experience in a similar role which has a focus on strategic intelligence and in providing guidance at the executive level in data driven decision making;
- You'll also have a few years under your belt in Financial Reporting and Analysis, Data Structures and Automation, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis;
- You will have financial literacy in a matrix organization ideally in a professional services, engineering consulting or similar industry;
- Your advanced communication and presentation skills to the executive level or C-suite with the ability to concisely and clearly communicate data in a compelling manner;
- Your advanced command of technology processes and tools (MS-Excel, MS-Access & PowerBI) related to strategy analytics as well as dashboard and UI experience;
- Your ability to engage, partner and collaborate with leadership and peers;
- Your creative thinking abilities and your proven track record of taking initiative and working within a limited formal structure;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.