WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Commissioning/Retro-Commissioning Specialist to join our growing Sustainability and Energy team in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for executing work on new and existing building projects that will range in type, size and complexity, to achieve project deadlines and financial expectations. Our work improves the sustainability and energy efficiency of buildings. Services will include commissioning of new and existing buildings, building energy audits, and supporting LEED certifications. This is a customer facing role that requires collaboration with both internal and external resources to deliver project expectations. This position will work with engineers, architects, contractors, field personnel, subcontractors, and technical support staff.
- Interact with client staff, client principals, building construction management teams and building construction trades
- Work with the client to define commissioning and re-commissioning strategies
- Provide high-level technical and design review of mechanical, electrical, security, audio-visual, solar PV and building systems
- Peer review commissioning documentation prepared by project teams
- Chair commissioning meetings and provide expert advice to site inspections/testing activities
- Review and optimize building control systems and EMS performance
- Observe third party testing and equipment start up
- Direct and/or conduct functional testing
- Develop clear and concise written reports that convey technical information
- Complete building energy audits including site reviews, energy savings calculations and reports.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Manage multiple projects to deliver a quality service on time, and on budget
- Contribute to the knowledge and professional development of employees in the team
- Contribute to proposals and various client management activities
- Bachelor's degree or diploma from an accredited university or college in Mechanical, Electrical, or Building Systems Engineering along with a P.Eng. or C.E.T. designation with a Canadian association (EIT and TT may be considered)
- LEED AP, Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Proven experience (4+ years) providing technical leadership in high performance building commissioning, energy audits, facilities management HVAC or process engineering design, construction project management, electrical/controls design, installation or operations, and testing, adjusting and balancing
- Possess technical knowledge and hands-on field experience in New and Existing Building Commissioning including functional testing, diagnostics, trending, energy calculations, and implementing improvements
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical or electrical systems and controls
- Capability to inspect and functionally test existing energy consuming equipment and diagnose problems
- Ability to obtain and analyze field data and building automation system trend data
- Thorough understanding of construction drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with small teams and to maintain client relationships
- Experience communicating effectively with customers, design teams, construction managers, and building construction trades
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills
- Ability and desire to mentor and share knowledge with other team members
- Punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, task oriented, and organized
- LEED Commissioning Authority experience a plus
- Experience in related fields, such as electrical design, construction, and power systems a plus
- Energy modelling experience with CanQuest or IES is good
- Demonstrated electrical aptitude a plus
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.