Design Build (Spatial Arrangement) Team Lead
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
DESIGN BUILD (Spatial Arrangement) TEAM LEAD
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
The Design Build (Spatial Arrangement) Team Lead, CSC is a full-time permanent position that will report to the Design Build Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that the Design Spatial solution recognizes and accommodates the Capabilities and Constraints of the Halifax Shipyard. In addition, they will also be responsible for identifying and reporting any physical integration issues that would lead to inefficient manufacture and construction activities on the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) project.
This is a full-time position in Halifax, NS.
- From the early design stages through build of the CSC vessels, manage a cross-functional Design for Build team to work closely with the CSC Design Agent to ensure a fully optimized Design for Build solution (3D Model) is developed and delivered on time for the CSC Program
- Ensure that any deviations or delinquencies against the ISI Design for Build rules and guidance are appropriately addressed throughout the 3D modelling process in a timely manner
- Work closely with the CSC Design Agent to develop Design for Manufacturing (DFM) standards for the CSC program
- Gain an understanding of the CSC Design Agent's strategy around a standardized catalogue and explore opportunities for further rationalization.
- Participate in design reviews at regular intervals with the Design/Build Team and the CSC Design Agent to monitor the quality and producibility of the detailed design
- Work with the CSC Design Agent to modify the detailed design as necessary to support ISI facilities capabilities and constraints.
- Collaborate with the DFB Data team lead and ITD to make the necessary changes required to support an integrated business modelling approach for the CSC program and an efficient transition from design phases into supply chain, planning and production
- Academically qualified as an engineer with a recognized university bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Experience in a complex system manufacturing environment
- 5 plus years of experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Experience with the use of 3D product model software packages
- Experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, offshore construction,or other large military procurement programs
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For additional information please contact: Erin Sloan at:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.