WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Municipal Roads department located in our Oakville office for a 1 year temporary assignment . This position will report to the Department Manager. This position will be responsible for providing general administrative and clerical support services to the Department Manager and our Municipal Roads and Contract Administration groups as part of the Transportation Business Line (as directed).
- Word processing a variety of general and confidential correspondence that include letters, memos, reports, minutes, transmittals, spreadsheets, statistics, graphic and power point presentations, etc.;
- Proofreading completed work to ensure accuracy of content, punctuation and spelling;
- Photocopying, scanning and distributing (emailing, faxing) correspondence on a timely basis as required;
- Recording, profiling and sorting correspondence using the Department's document control system;
- Setting up and maintaining general and confidential files;
- Arranging for meetings with staff, external agencies, contractors, suppliers and consultants, which may include scheduling, booking conference rooms, arranging for audio-visual equipment, taking and distributing minutes;
- Assisting in replying to requests or enquiries directed to staff on own initiative by means of researching and compiling information requested;
- Forwarding e-mails to appropriate staff for action/information;
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals/ correspondence by ensuring format, style, grammar and punctuation are compliant with industry standards;
- Provide support to project managers by providing review of report deliverables and coordination of submissions to clients;
- Prepare and assemble monthly reports for projects as required.
- Update and maintain various databases and spreadsheets.
- Provide support to Department Managers and Project Managers by maintaining calendars, tracking ongoing commitments and making travel arrangements;
- Interfacing with other departments within WSP as needed and with the internal Transportation Management team;
- May be required to provide back up support to front desk/reception
- Arrange travel plans;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Administration or a related discipline from an accredited university or college;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' of related experience in office administration;
- Must be capable of working in a team environment;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability to effectively process correspondence and sensitive and confidential documents in a timely manner;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess well-developed organizational skills;
- Ability to handle several responsibilities at once under minimal supervision, to meet required deadlines, and produce high volume, quality work;
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet frequently changing priorities and deadlines. Uses initiative to improve administrative and office support services;
- Proficient in the use of current computer software applications and systems relevant to the work performed (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and Internet/Intranet), SharePoint, GroupWise, Vision;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) are required and an excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Sound working knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment;
- Light physical effort and close visual attention to detail is required.
- Available for occasional overtime work.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.