Team Lead - Contaminated Sites Langley, BC 31/05/2019
WSP in Langley, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Why choose WSP ?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 45,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every single day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly meaningful work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Are you a passionate engineer interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to influence and guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state of the art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
WSP is currently seeking a Team Lead, Contaminated Sites in our Langley, BC office.
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, this role will assist in managing the day-to-day activities of staff within the Environment Business Line. While remaining highly active on project delivery and billable work, this role is expected to act in a mentoring capacity to staff within the team by providing day-to-day guidance and communication on various aspects of the business along with direction to staff on projects. While not responsible for the group's profit and loss statements this role works closely with the Business Unit Leader and the Vice President, BC Environment to deliver and execute the business unit vision and to maintain the profitability/performance of the group at the expected level. Client relationship building is required and this role may get involved in the growth strategy of the business as it pertains to their specific team. Upholding the company's values and ensuring the Health and Safety of all staff is a key priority.
What you can Expect
- Managing a team of technical staff focusing on environmental and contaminated sites projects; will ensure high quality technical work, including field methodology, reporting, and client deliverables is completed;
- Provide excellent Client management to existing and potential clients;
- Successfully develop new business through marketing initiatives, response to Request for Proposals, and through client management;
- Manage personnel, clients and numerous complex projects simultaneously with tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Collaborate with other disciplines within WSP with respect to multi-faceted/multi-disciplinary projects;
- Proactively commit to creating a positive work climate;
- Demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills with good leadership and management abilities capable of communicating effectively with all parts of the business;
- Comply with and upholds Health and Safety standards, practices, and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
What you'll bring to WSP
- Possesses a post-secondary degree in environmental, water resource, or geologic engineering, or related discipline;
- Senior level of experience in environmental consulting engineering, or related discipline;
- Designation (P.Eng., P.Ag., CSAP, P.Geo, R.P.Bio, or equivalent) is preferred;
- Previous demonstrated experience in business and personnel management; responsible for budgeting, forecasting, timesheet approval, and business development;
- The preferred candidate will be self-motivated, energetic and well organized;
- Comfortable interacting with the public, clients, contractors, and co-workers;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities;
- Excellent English (verbal /written) communication skills;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues;
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.