Opportunities for 4th Class Engineers - Harbour Coastal
Atlantic Towing Limited in Dartmouth, NS
JUNIOR ENGINEER - Harbour Coastal
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well-established Marine Company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs, as well as, Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland.
We are currently accepting applications for Junior Engineer.
- Years of Experience Required:
- Mandatory Certification and Training:
- Training, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- 4th Class Motor Certificate of Competency
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Marine First Aid and CPR
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Maintain a safe and efficient Engine Room watch and monitor machinery performance in accordance with applicable regulations, Chief Engineer's standing orders and company policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Engine Room Logbook
- Perform pertinent planned maintenance activities in accordance with the vessel's program, as instructed by the Chief Engineer
- Carrying out safety procedures assigned by the Chief Engineer
- Maintain a record of spare parts used and report to the Chief Engineer
- Ensure that areas and equipment are maintained in a clean condition and that positive action is taken in all cases to ensure that operations conform to regulatory requirements and company policies
- Contribute to ATL's Safety culture by:
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please submit your application online.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Atlantic Towing Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.