Change Manager (Product Lifecycle Management)
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
CHANGE MANAGER (Product Lifecycle Management)
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
This position will be responsible for the effective leadership and management of business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation. The Change Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximizes employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance.
This position will report to the Business Architect and will be responsible for:
- Focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures
- Ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget
- Providing effective leadership and management of the business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation
- Developing plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Supporting training plan development, identification of training requirements and roll out of training
- Coordinating the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the CSC Program
- Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer and internal stakeholders
- Creating Training Needs Analysis and provide advice for business and system change
- Applying a structured methodology and lead change management activities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement program
- Minimum of 5 years' experience enabling organizations plan, implement and communicate change. Experience in the following areas is required:Business Process change
- IT industry experience (PLM or major Business change preferred)
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Strong communication skills with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Change Management Certification; PROSCI/ ADKAR Experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defense engineering projects
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Extensive knowledge of a shipyard production environment
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant change management and business change techniques such as business process modeling and re-engineering
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details, please contact Krista Shah at:
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.