Senior Project Manager
High Liner Foods has one of the world's foremost frozen seafood brands for taste and quality. As one of Nova Scotia's and Atlantic Canada's top employers they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution. On behalf of High Liner, we are searching for a Senior Project Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Senior Project Manager is accountable to ensure the delivery of projects in accordance with Standards of Delivery and supporting processes across the organization. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with colleagues, the business unit leads, the sponsor and key stakeholders through all project lifecycle phases, including initiation, selection, analysis, design, development, integration and test, implementation, and benefits realization. They will prepare as part of each project, guidelines for ongoing maintenance and support of solutions delivered. They will plan and direct all project related activities by leading the business unit and IT associates in complex projects such as supply chain optimization, new product development, business process improvement, integration of acquisitions and IT initiatives to name a few.
- Assisting the Director of Project Management in establishing standards for how projects are run including the development of a common set of practices, principles and templates;
- Working with internal customers to identify business issues, problems and/or enhancements and leading highly innovative and creative solutions that achieve quality and process improvements;
- Ensuring that all key business stakeholders are represented on the project team and helping to identify/close skill or knowledge gaps in order to ensure best outcomes;
- Providing decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at the project level by providing a perspective when required, or as a sounding board for ideas and approaches to solving project issues;
- Identifying and managing cross-project dependencies - i.e. risks, issues, requirements, designs or solutions to be able to provide the most effective outcome;
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting project progress including schedules, resource planning, functionality, quality, and cost (comparisons to budgets and forecasts) on a current bases to manage internal expectations of key business stakeholder and manage issues;
- Contributing to the development of project charters, project scope along with performance metrics to clearly identify and manage stakeholder expectations;
- Ensuring product and project risks are being managed and escalated appropriately. Establishing risk mitigation and contingency plans to keep project on track, on time and on budget;
- Directing change management activities: overseeing assessments and root cause analysis, prioritizing changes for implementation, and providing approvals for change requests;
- Leading and training other people across the company in project management skills to enable them to run smaller projects without the direct oversight of the project manager;
- Ensuring project deliverables are met and user satisfaction has been achieved;
- Directing the effort to provide functional support for business during implementation and post-implementation phases of a project;
- Conducting post-project reviews with the intention of identifying best practices and cost breakdown.
- A degree in Business or a related field of study;
- 5-7 years of project management experience with demonstrated experience delivering high quality business unit projects on time and at or under budget;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation (preferred);
- Proficient using a defined Project Management Process and project tools such as Microsoft Office;
- Strong financial acumen, proven ability for developing and managing budgets, estimating work effort, tracking variances and executing clear financial reporting;
- Effective communicator at all levels of management and staff;
- Ability to motivate and influence results through others;
- You can remove barriers and resolve conflicts across individuals, teams, and the organization to build consensus;
- Solid understanding of JD Edwards or similar ERP (considered an asset);
- Experience in food manufacturing and distribution, consumer packaged goods or supply chain would be considered an asset
This position is a corporate role located in Portsmouth, NH or Nova Scotia. Travel within Canada and US is estimated to be approximately 20% of your time based on location and complexity of projects.
To express interest in this opportunity please visit
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214