Senior Product Manager, Retirement and investments
We are seeking a highly motivated individual interested in joining our Marketing team in Moncton.
This position reports to the Marketing Director and is responsible for the entire product line primarily related to investment and retirement products.
This person must ensure the profitability of its products while aiming for an increase in market share while respecting the strategic vision of the organization.
The Senior Product Manager must develop products from existing ideas and participate in the design of new ideas based on industry data and trends, including surveys and customer interviews. This person will have to possess a unique blend of technical and strategic know-how while having the ability to see the big picture with the dynamism of making this vision a reality.
An important task of this position is the development of market watch tools as well as making presentations and developing reports. This person will compile and analyze information from various sources including the sales software of our competitors.
- Manage the life cycle, profitability, and positioning of the products;
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by consultations with partners and stakeholders in the distribution network;
- Identify segments and target customers by products;
- Prepare and carry out the "business cases" for each initiative affecting the portfolios;
- Responsible for writing and updating insurance contracts;
- Establish sales objectives in collaboration with sales managers in specific sectors;
- Perform on-demand research to support organizational projects;
- Monitor and compile market news and benchmark our Investments and Retirement products versus our competitors;
- Coordinate multidisciplinary / inter-sectoral teams to design and develop solutions that meet the demands of the market. (eg Actuarial, Finance, Project Management, IT and Administration);
- Actively participate in the company's strategic planning exercises;
- Maintain competitive analysis in collaboration with the Marketing team;
- Participate in the marketing plans for each of the respective products;
- Ensure cross-selling with sectors;
- Participate in the analysis of potential partner relationships for the products.
- Post-secondary degree in Administration, Finance or a related field
- Five years of experience in:
- Management in a field related to Marketing
- Product design
- Investment / insurance industry
- Market analysis
- In-depth knowledge of group investment and retirement products
- Experience in sales of financial products
- Experience in research and analysis, as well as in writing and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in market segmentation analysis and data analysis
- A deep understanding of marketing principles
- In-depth knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, tact and diplomacy
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Strong oral and written communication in both French and English
- Ability to identify new opportunities to establish rapid growth
- Business acumen and financial planning
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to develop and facilitate presentations and workshops
- Knowledge of the preferred trends in the insurance industry
- Sense of leadership, organization and analytical thinking
If this challenge fits your career aspirations and you wish to play a key role in the challenging development of our business, submit your application online at www.assumption.ca by March 22, 2019.