Human Resources Advisor
Are you a strong and energetic HR generalist who loves being part of building consistency and supporting your client groups? Do you want to make your mark on an expanding organization? Are you up for the challenge of change management as you build organizational capacity and alignment with company values?
Terrapure Environmental is seeking a Human Resources Advisor (Atlantic) to join their team to support the HR function and operations in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
With 2,100 employees and 70 locations across Canada, Terrapure is a leading, vertically integrated provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional end markets, including the manufacturing, mining, construction, refining and petrochemical, waste management and remediation, transportation, pulp and paper, utilities and oil and gas sectors.
As the HR Advisor, reporting to the Manager of HR and Labour Relations, you are the face of human resources for your client group as you deliver services in employee and labour relations, training, compensation, recruitment processes and disability case management.
You are patient and not easily ruffled. You have a high tolerance for uncertainty and are very adaptable. You easily build strong relationships at all levels of the organization. You revel in an autonomous, high volume environment and hold yourself to high personal expectations. You can balance local deliverables and support for the development of HR policies with national scope.
Basic labour relations experience is a requirement. In this role you will have the opportunity to prepare for and participate in bargaining and negotiations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline. CPHR designation preferred.
- Increasingly senior experience in a similar role with at least six years of experience
- Industrial and/or manufacturing background, and exposure to field operations
- Excellent problem-solving skills to recommend and communicate data-driven solutions
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills at the managerial level
- Experience implementing successful conflict management strategies
- Strong analytical and research ability to support project-oriented objectives, including design, documentation, communication and implementation of new employee programs
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Ability to travel within Atlantic Canada as required. Open to travel within Canada up to 10% of the time.
- A growth opportunity and exposure to a complex organization, including the chance to sit at the bargaining table during union negotiations
- The opportunity to work with a committed team with a great culture
- Above market benefits, RRSP match and EAP
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
To express interest in this opportunity please click here:
For more information contact Claire Holt, Senior Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 902.424.1105.