WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a landscape architect with proven project delivery and coordination skills to join our practice in the Greater Toronto Area. The selected candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of planners, landscape architects, and multidisciplinary specialists on a wide variety of public and private-sector projects including parks and open space, streetscapes and downtown revitalization, community master plans, transit and multi-modal facility design; corridor plans, and green roof projects in Canada and beyond. The right candidate will have skills in the delivery of high profile, complex projects with multidisciplinary teams, with a collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound.
- Concept design, contract drawings documents, tender and contract administration services including site reviews and documentation;
- Provide quality control and assurance on team deliverables;
- Contribute to proposals and business development initiatives;
- Participate in innovative and creative public consultation;
- Provide mentoring to junior staff;
- Actively integrate the WSP goals of design excellence, sustainability and future-ready innovation on every project.
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Landscape Architecture is required.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience, progressing in responsibility.
- Associate membership in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) in good standing, or eligibility for reciprocity from another province or state.
- Has successfully completed 2 LARE exams and 50% of PDP.
- Demonstrated commitment to design excellence, team engagement and client satisfaction.
- Strong design, technical production and graphic abilities
- Experience in proposal writing highly desirable.
- Proven experience in creative collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects
- Critical thinker with the desire to analyze problems, research best-practices, consider and question multiple points of view, and develop innovative solutions
- Collaborative and relationship skills with good organization and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in current design and planning software and technology including Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microstation
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and graphic;
- The ability to travel as required
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.