Junior Engineer, Conveyance
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Engineer to join our Infrastructure department, located at our downtown Vancouver office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with Project Managers & Project Engineers in the delivery of infrastructure solutions to clients primarily within the municipal water, sanitary and stormwater sectors. Our wide range of exciting ongoing work includes design and construction services for large scale infrastructure (trunk sewers, water supply mains, utility tunnels, pump stations, and highways), as well as numerous municipal infrastructure planning, design and construction projects for clients across the Lower Mainland.
- Take a key role in the execution of complex municipal infrastructure projects;
- Deliver complex infrastructure design and asset management solutions to customers - this includes engineering investigation and design, report writing, and client liaison;
- Work as part of multidisciplinary project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables;
- Work alongside and help to develop and empower a diverse group of young professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in Engineering with 2+ years of Canadian consulting, municipal or utility service;
- Professional engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is an asset;
- Municipal engineering design and construction experience is essential with specific experience related to stormwater, water, and sanitary pipeline projects involving both renewal and replacement and new capital works projects including water and sewerage pumping stations and general civil works;
- Strong knowledge of BC lower mainland municipal clients;
- Working knowledge and experience with the administration of MMCD contracts, MMCD Contract Administration accreditation is an asset;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to mentor Co-op's student;
- Municipal planning / modelling experience on potable water, sewage and drainage pumping stations is also desirable and would be an asset; and
- Road design and rehabilitation experience would be an additional asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.