Senior Energy and Sustainability Manager - Real Estate
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As an Energy and Sustainability Manager within CIBC's Corporate Real Estate you will initiate and lead a wide variety of activities related to energy management systems and sustainability including but not limited to energy analysis, monitoring and reporting, energy audit, finance, measurement and verification of energy projects as well as sustainability reporting (e.g., water, waste, GHGs, environmental compliance). This position will report to the Director of Shared Services and Facilities, and will work collaboratively with our facilities services provider and with the CIBC Environmental Risk Management team.
How You'll Succeed
- Project Leadership - Develop, propose and lead implementation of projects and approaches to fulfill energy and sustainability requirements and best practices associated with relevant laws and industry standards. Develop action plans, recommendations to apply energy-efficiency and sustainability-related ideas to operations.
- Data Management - Establish and review tracking of goals for energy conservation, water and waste reduction. Oversee review utility forecast and identify saving opportunities through assessment of utility bills.
- Relationship Management - Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with business partners, suppliers, and peers. Be the trusted advisor within Corporate Real Estate and provide leadership and valued consulting advice to facilitate the effective management and completion of procurement initiatives. Align procurement solutions with their business objectives
- Reporting - Serve as primary point of contact for real estate sustainability reporting. Lead preparation and submittal of required annual reports, quarterly reports, and annual external ranking submissions (e.g., Corporate Responsibility Report, Carbon Disclosure Project, Dow Jones Sustainability Index).
- Be CIBC's Energy Advocate - Lead energy and sustainability initiatives, employee awareness programs and events. Develop presentations to help shape Capital Planning based on energy data, opportunities and incentives.
Who You Are
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You can demonstrate experience in: solving complex problems, communicating effectively with senior levels of management; recovering quickly from mistakes and resiliency. It's an asset if you have at least 2 years of corporate real estate industry experience, with extensive knowledge in energy and energy efficiency, sustainability and project management, Environmental and Health and Safety regulations as well as building codes. You are proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- You're a certified professional . You have current accreditation and good standing of Certified Energy Management designation
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends