Halifax or Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Reference # HL-12892
High Liner Foods has one of the world's foremost frozen seafood brands for taste and quality. As one of Nova Scotia's and Atlantic Canada's top employers they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution. High Liner is seeking a Cost Accountant to join their team in their Halifax, or Lunenburg location.
This role is the cost accounting position for US Manufacturing Operations and is responsible for the daily manufacturing accounting functions. This includes trending and maintaining accurate costs in the system, developing new product costs, and other cost accounting functions as assigned. This position also maintains accurate costs and purchasing burdens for all US procured products, both raw materials and finished products. The Cost Accountant must strive for continuous improvement in the company's data collection and conversion processes to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of the information and provide advice and recommendations designed to enhance the plant operations.
The position operates within the US Finance Team providing key financial and operational data along with interpretation to all levels within US Operations. The position also provides new and existing product costing and analysis to sales and marketing personnel. A thorough understanding of the secondary processing operations, along with a strong understanding of the JD Edwards manufacturing and financial modules is necessary.
- Develop new product costs
- Through trending and analysis provide accurate and timely maintenance of manufacturing system databases (bills of material and labor routers) to ensure accurate product costing and material and labor requirements planning
- Coordinate the US manufacturing and finished procured product cost budget and review process. This includes the annual review of purchasing and procurement cost burden rates
- Analysis, implementation and communication of the quarterly manufactured cost update process
- Participate on new product project teams and manage the product costing process and financial cost analysis as required
- Set-up and maintenance of all manufactured and procured finished product codes, including burdens, at the branch plant level
- Assist other departments and plants through presentation and interpretation of costing data, system support for specific applications, and general support as required
- Analysis and recommendations to operational managers based on sound costing information, including "what if" analysis
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the manufacturing/cost enterprise system through innovative reporting, system improvement and data integrity. Responsible for testing and signing off on all enhancements
- Act as a resource support for the information requirements of secondary processing operations
- Approve semi-finished and finished manufactured codes specifications in the GSM system ensuring new product specifications are entered as costed
- Special projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree with major in accounting and five years' costing experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPA, or enrollment in the CPA program is a strong asset
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of JD Edwards
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to meet constant deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with non-financial personnel
Experience working in a team environment with the desire to seek continuous improvement
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Senior Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.424.1117.