Talent Attraction Specialist
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
CALGARY OR EDMONTON
WSP is currently seeking a Talent Attraction Specialist to join our Human Resources department and to be located in our Calgary or Edmonton, AB location. Reporting daily into the National Director, Talent Attraction, the Talent Attraction Specialist will be responsible for working directly with the business line leaders including VP and Director level to determine staffing needs on a regular basis; supporting the strategic direction of the business through maintaining staffing levels while adding significantly to the talent of the organization. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and project management skills, have previous experience in a large publicly traded organization, preferably in a technical professional environment.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process while maintaining all compliance requirements, including sourcing, prescreening, verifying references, administering testing and preparing offers for technical and non-technical positions;
- Understand the intricacies of the business to effectively execute and support the recruitment mandate;
- Assess recruitment needs of the functional managers by developing strong relationships and acting as a business partner;
- Continually educate hiring community of recruitment and HR processes while demonstrating value and return on investment;
- Ensure recruitment processes and procedures support the business objectives and advise on innovative solutions to meet demand;
- Effectively understand talent requisitions to ensure attraction of appropriate talent;
- Provide technical expertise and sound business acumen by conducting market and competitive intelligence reports;
- Implement effective and innovative techniques for identifying new talent including: internet searches, social media, talent campaigns, referrals, cold-calling, and networking;
- Utilize candidate pipelines to maintain up to date talent pools and maximize the efficiency and timeliness of the recruitment process;
- Attend career fairs and industry events to remain abreast of market changes and network effectively;
- Responsible for achieving established yearly objectives and performance metrics;
- Manage job posting process and candidate database;
- Market and position the Company's Employment Brand Develop strategic relations with contacts within key professional associations, university programs or recruiting agencies to support the sourcing of top talent;
- Offer negotiation with candidates as needed;
- Assist and support HR advisors in accomplishing various staffing mandates, provide advice related to optimizing the performance of the staffing process in place;
- Participate in special projects in the HR department (market tendencies, compensation analysis, business intelligence);
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an end to end recruitment advisor or specialist in an engineering or construction environment;
- Combination of experience recruiting in a corporate and agency environment;
- Post-Secondary education from a recognized institution;
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills with a focus on delivering value added client experience;
- Proven ability in attracting new talent and managing candidate pipelines;
- Previous experience working within fast-paced, dynamic, direct recruit methods and complex hiring processes;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Proven ability in managing candidate campaigns, cold calling, networking, company representation at networking functions and events;
- Previous experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and Taleo;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships;
- Excellent computer and systems skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Office Software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills in English (French if Bilingual);
- Self-starter and able to work in a team environment or independently as required;
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and be able to manage time appropriately;
- A person who is a quick processor and brings a positive and high-energy approach to getting things done;
- Knowledge of and experience with behavioral based interviewing techniques;
- Good initiative, attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills. a Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.