Senior Project Accountant
WSP in Calgary, AB
Senior Project Accountant
Business Line Corporate
ID # 11369
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Accountant to join our Geomatics Finance team, located at our Calgary office. Reporting to the Controller this position will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing project performance, assisting with month end activities and supporting the development of procedural controls.
- Update, maintain and report on project budgets and forecasts on a regular basis;
- Analyze project budget variances and performance indexing;
- Develop, update, maintain and report on project cash flows;
- Complete project budget financial reconciliation;
- Review monthly invoices and change orders and reconcile against project budget;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and report on project holdback and project recovery status;
- Work with an independent audit firm for financial system and budget audits;
- Produce monthly project financial reports;
- Assist in preliminary dispute analysis and data gathering;
- Assist in the capitalization of assets that meets IFRS standards;
- Assist project controls in development of ad-hoc financial reports;
- Responsible for contingency reconciliation against change orders and budgets;
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university with minimum of 10 years' accounting experience;
- Accounting Designation or working towards;
- 5+ years' financial experience in the engineering/construction industry;
- Previous experience in project accounting and financial analysis;
- Conscientious worker, who can work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional Excel Skills including pivot tables and formulas;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.