Reviser - Translations
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Reviser to join our Marketing & Communications team, located in our Montreal office. Reporting to the Translations Services Manager, this position is responsible for revising documents after English to French translation and ensuring an end-to-end standard of excellence.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do:
- Revises and approves English to French (Canada) translations of materials in a variety of formats including, company intranet stories, leader messages emails, employee newsletters, forms, handbooks, client proposal content, brochures, advertisements, client newsletters, web content.
- Uses translation memory software to ensure clarity and accuracy of translations, while maintaining superior linguistic standards.
- Respects deadlines, while ensuring translation projects tracking.
- Uses translation tools to maintain lexicons and terminology databases.
- Supports WSP's Bilingual Communications Policy and work with stakeholders in the organization to advance its objectives
What you'll bring to WSP:
- A postgraduate degree in translation, linguistics or a related field from a recognized university.
- Five years or more of translation, revision and terminology research experience, preferably in the engineering or construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of theory and practices of translation, editing and revisions, quality control, proofreading and terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills, an ability to observe multiple deadlines and to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Specialized knowledge of both written and spoken French and English.
- Tact, diplomacy in dealing with staff members, freelancers and other stakeholders.
- Native speaker fluency in French Canadian or a native French speaker from another country who has lived in Quebec for a minimum of 10 years.
- Working knowledge of SDL WorldServer or other translation software.
- Quebec industry experience, preferably in the architecture, engineering and construction market considered an asset.
- Ability to work and focus in a fast-paced environment.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.