IT Portfolio manager
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an IT Portfolio Manager to join our IT Department, located at our Montreal office. Reporting to the Global Director Strategy, governance and PMO, the IT Portfolio Manager will assume the overarching responsibility for supporting organizational and IT leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
Work collaboratively with PMO leaders, finance, IT leaders and business peers to maintain the strategic IT portfolio alignment with Business and IT strategy
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure, processes and standards, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs; to portfolio categories and criteria
- Responsible for the definition and maintenance of project management standards and processes
- Champion adoption of new processes, frameworks, tools supporting IT Portfolio business value measurement as well as business process optimization.
- Manage the investment portfolio and ensure that all planned investments are aligned with the business and IT stakeholders and have executive stakeholder commitment
- Continuously evaluate, prioritize and optimize IT investment portfolio based on strategic value, business needs, cost/benefits and critical risk across all regions.
- Ensure that Investment evaluation process meets our company's investment standards and criteria and has the proper authorization level.
- Continuously review the project investment portfolio to identify and exploit synergies, eliminate duplication across all regions
- Understand of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Review and assess strategic project initiation deliverables such business cases on strategic justification and risk.
- Updates and maintain the integrated portfolio roadmap based on latest changes on project and program level
- Responsible for cost consequence within portfolio. Study, analyze, and define the impact of business needs on the system components and its interfaces to provide maximum benefits from each system and drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Monitor and report on investment portfolio. Analyze and report on the performance of the project portfolio and individual programs throughout the entire lifecycle
- Track, mitigation of critical and portfolio-wide risks and issues and escalation to the appropriate IT leadership meetings. Monitor overall risk.
- Provide senior IT and business leadership with accurate view of the investment portfolio based on appropriate performance targets
- Monitor benefits achievement, evaluate if business benefits significantly deviate from expected benefits, escalate issues to the appropriate party and implement lessons learned in the portfolio prioritization process.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in IT Portfolio Management and PMO
- Ten years of experience in diverse IT roles and increasing leadership responsibilities preferably including experience as a business analyst
- Demonstrated experience in managing "upward" among senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Substantial consulting leadership experience a plus
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the portfolio objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment to the business strategy.
- Possesses a high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to effectively use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve success and clear obstacles for the portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and "sell" the portfolio goals and objectives to business as well as technical leadership.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units. Familiar with industry trends and innovation.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and financial analysis skills, and familiarity with financial reporting tools.
- Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of business and technical audiences, as well as temperaments and personalities.
- Effective influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver against financial and resource constraints.
- Familiarity with the use of reporting tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.