Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : To be determined
FACILITY : To be determined
DEPARTMENT : Finance
CLASSIFICATION : Accounting Analyst
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out analysis and accounting reconciliations including various balance sheet accounts. The incumbent ensures that financial information is accurate and prepares the end-of-month files. They prepare, document and record the monthly and annual journal entries. They post the transactions from other modules to the general ledger. The incumbent prepares various worksheets for external audits, participates in designing and implementing administrative policies and procedures, and is also responsible for participating in the implementation and maintenance of uniform processes by applying best practices. Various duties may be assigned to the position based on the operational needs of financial services.
- Bachelor of business administration with a concentration in accounting;
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or to obtain it, would be an asset;
- Minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in financial accounting;
- Minimum of two (2) years' relevant experience as an analyst;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of best practices;
- A combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be considered;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously; understanding of the organization's needs and priorities;
- Analytical and writing skills and ability to see the "big picture";
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good knowledge of, and skills with, Microsoft Office;
- Availability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Salary according to provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment