Computer Service Technician Sales Representative
Century Computer Sales & Service is a Halifax-based supplier of hardware products including Windows desktops, laptops, printers and Toshiba office copy & print systems. We have been supplying our commercial and consumer customers with quality products and services since 1990.
We are currently looking for a high-energy Computer Service Technician / Sales Representative to join our team. Primarily focused on professional technical services, you enjoy a busy work environment and because you are well-organized, you welcome the requirement to manage many different service and sales tasks simultaneously.
Customers are impressed by your positive attitude, your friendly personality and your no-pressure service and sales style. You are confident in your technical abilities and you welcome the challenge to learn new systems and procedures.
- Receive customer laptops & desktops in for service, log service information at front counter
- Diagnose customer machines to determine problem & quote service cost to repair
- Perform repairs on client equipment in-house
- Respond to phone inquiries for computer & other services required
- On-site service calls for diags & repair of computer products, copiers & software
- Prep laptops & desktops pre-delivery
- In-house sales of in-stock & special-order computers & peripherals
- Quote clients products available including custom systems
- Handle inquiries and produce quotes for Toshiba copier products
- Respond to phones & email inquiries for products on Century Computer's website & other products
- Sales of Office365, toner & miscellaneous products
- Log sales orders on order entry system
- Create purchase orders for items to order
- Process sales through in-house POS system
- Update website product info
- Update in-house custom brochures
- Process & manage RMA warranty claims
You have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Computer Service Technician / Sales Representative including:
Thorough ability to service laptops & desktops and knowledge of other IT products:
- Hands-on experience and proficiency installing and servicing computer systems, including but not limited to desktop & laptop computers, laser printers and network devices, using standard methods, techniques and tools
- Installing and diagnosing network products including routers, adapters & switches
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, troubleshooting and installing drivers & various versions of the operating system as well as Mac OS
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy programs & best practices
Excellent troubleshooting skills:
- Experience diagnosing issues with PC & Apple hardware and peripherals with proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make recommendations to restore functionality
Excellent communication abilities:
- In-person, on the phone and in written communications & correspondence
- Confident in making recommendations for hardware upgrades and sales of computers & peripherals for home and business clients
Exceptional organizing and time-management skills:
- Proven ability to perform required tasks with limited supervision and direction in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to accurately log records of repairs and fixes for future reference
Work With Us
As a Computer Service Technician / Sales Representative with Century Computer you will enjoy the challenge and reward of giving customers excellent value for their dollar, whether it is for a repair, a system upgrade or a full replacement of their current equipment.
Working with a company that values the extra effort of its employees, you will be part of a small team of professionals. Your input will be valued as we continue to grow our customer base with a diverse portfolio of products and services.
A competitive wage, great working hours and attainable bonus incentives make Century Computer an excellent choice as you take your career as a Computer Service Technician / Sales Representative to the next level!