Cost Control Specialist
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
In an effort to support several major projects in Newfoundland and Labrador's Offshore Oil and Gas Industry, Wood is actively recruiting for numerous Engineering/Design, Construction, Maintenance, and Operations Support positions. For a complete listing of all available positions, please visit our Employer Profile.
Location: St. John's
Cost Control Specialist
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Delivering cost services in a safe, timely and cost effective manner in line with contractual requirements to the satisfaction of clients and to Wood while ensuring all applicable processes and management systems are adhered to.
- Production of cost reports utilizing Oracle and other appropriate reporting tools.
- Analyzing cost data and responding to cost queries from internal and external customers, project engineers and project accounting personnel.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Controls.
- Experience working in an Engineering environment or in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- A Technical Diploma, Business/Commerce Degree, or an Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution. Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong computer skills including cost management software.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the oil and gas industry in an offshore environment.
- Highly effective organization and planning skills.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
People are the heart of our business. We need new ideas, fresh thinking and talented people to help our business grow and improve. If you believe you have the qualities Wood is looking for, please click the following link to apply:
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Wood respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Wood embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have personnel who provide us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means that Wood will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the uniqueness of individuals and foster a workplace that develops, benefits, and enhances their value.