Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
In an effort to support several major projects in Newfoundland and Labrador's Offshore Oil and Gas Industry, Wood is actively recruiting for numerous Engineering/Design, Construction, Maintenance, and Operations Support positions. For a complete listing of all available positions, please visit our Employer Profile.
Location: Offshore, NL
NOTE: This position will require you to travel to offshore Newfoundland and Labrador via helicopter or supply vessel. Individuals must be comfortable working in remote locations, confined spaces, and at heights.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work as a part of offshore installation's emergency rescue team, in the coordination of activities involving high angle rope rescue.
- Prepare detailed and scope specific High Angle Rescue (HAR) plans for planned work scopes.
- Assist in the assessment of and planning of Confined Space Entry (CSE) rescue operations.
- Participate in scheduled offshore rescue training drills and lead activities involving rope rescue.
- Manage and control of the offshore inventory for HAR, including scheduled detailed inspections.
- Ensure all equipment is in fit-for-purpose condition and quarantine any defective materials.
- Work as a part of a rope access team when required, performing various construction, maintenance and repair tasks in an offshore environment.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports of work activities performed.
- Must be conversant with all relevant legal standards, specifications, rules, regulations etc., including Permit to Work (PTW).
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- IRATA rope access certification, Level III.
- The following certifications or training would be considered an asset; NFPA High Angle Rescue (HAR), Advanced Confined Space Entry (CSE) rescue and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) inspection.
- Thorough knowledge of the IRATA Code of Practice, TACS and expectations of reporting as they relate to rope access activities and incidents.
- Knowledge of offshore processes and Permit to Work (PTW) systems.
For this position, offshore training is required. The following training would be considered an asset:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015).
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness.
- NL Fall Protection.
- NL Confined Space Entry.
- Emergency First Aid.
People are the heart of our business. We need new ideas, fresh thinking and talented people to help our business grow and improve. If you believe you have the qualities Wood is looking for, please click the following link to apply:
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Wood respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Wood embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have personnel who provide us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means that Wood will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the uniqueness of individuals and foster a workplace that develops, benefits, and enhances their value.