Source Atlantic is the leading Industrial Distribution and Services Group in Atlantic Canada. We recognize our team of dedicated, honest, and customer oriented employees as a vital strength within our organization. We are currently seeking a strong candidate to represent Source Atlantic in Winnipeg, MB as a:
The Buyer is the primary contact for inventory management for Source Atlantic. The Buyer will be responsible for buying, transferring, and maintenance of inventory on a corporate level. Success as a Buyer requires an energetic individual who has a strong desire to build relationships with suppliers, and provide high quality customer service. You must be able to work unsupervised, under pressure and have the ability to prioritize, multitask, as well as meet set deadlines. You accept responsibility for your decisions, and accept accountability for the results. You must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office. A Bachelor's degree and/or college diploma in business and/or previous experience is required. You must be interested in continuous learning.
As a Buyer you will be expected to perform a diversified range of tasks and follow a wide range of standardized, slightly complex procedures including:
- Analysis of data
- Reviewing reports for stock outs
- Monitoring price increases and communicating changes as necessary
- Assisting with stock rotations and inventory returns under buyer's direction
- Reviewing order points for inventory stock levels & Purchase order placement for 5 western Locations; Transfer Inventory as required.
- Evaluate procurement methods; Min /Max and Forecasting
- NCPAR Management
- Slow-Moving Inventory Management
In return for the above, we are offering a permanent position on an established team in a great working environment.
All full-time positions offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pay Scale
- Flexible Health, Drug and Dental Plan
- Matching Contribution Retirement Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards Program
- Enhanced Vacation Entitlement
- Physical Fitness Refund Plan
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a resume in confidence by clicking on Apply Online Now.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who will be moving on in the interview process will be contacted.