At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
COLLABORATE with the internal and external teams
- Main areas of engagement is engineering and implementation of network cloud infrastructure
- Participate in the development of the design of new features and enhancements.
- Develop and produce suitable Infrastructure Design Specifications and Methods of Procedures.
- Execute and document the necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform.
- Maintain software code ip to date by applying necessary patches in the service compute infrastructure component.
- Capacity management and augment of production service compute infrastructure.
- Provide support to Operations, trouble shoot production issues ?to provide resolutions.
- Provide regular project status and issues for escalation.
- MUST BE a great team player
- Minimum three years of technical experience in data center / cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Education: graduate or undergraduate university degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including presentations to management
- Capable to work independently as well as part of a team
- Detailed and problem-solving oriented, able to multi-task
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of various factors in order to determine all options and arrive at the best solution
- Creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve results
- Solid understanding of inter and intra data center technologies (OTV,LISP,VXLAN, etc)
- Extensive experience in data center building blocks
- Hypervisor technologies (vSphere, KVM, Hyper-V and etc)
- High density blade technologies (Cisco UCS, HP Virtual Connect)
- Storage area networking (FC, FCOE, NAS, iSCSI and etc)
- Nexus MDS, Hitach VSP and G1000
- Operating Systems (Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows servers)
- Automation and orchestration (Ansible) Devops tools (Jira/Confluence/Github/Nagios/ELK)
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]