JAVA/J2EE Web Developer
Req ID: 42439
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a JAVA/J2EE Web Developer to join our team in Halifax , Nova Scotia (CA-NS) , Canada (CA) .
- Strong software development skills using multi-threaded Java technologies and frameworks in a service oriented architecture.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Ability to use formal methods (traditional structured or agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identify and communicate systems development processes and develop deliverables associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to present formal and informal presentations in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, very responsive and committed to quality
- Strong software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Strong Experience (3+ years) in Server Side Java, J2EE, REST, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat are all required.
- Good working knowledge with PL/SQL will be an asset.
- Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core, JSON, XML, Integration with RESTful WebServices
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and technologies
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis and test driven development
- Strong internet security knowledge and best practices
- Experience with the following is a plus: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA
- Client side technologies: Node JS, Angular JS, Angular 2 , Backbone JS and Cordova a plus
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Job Segment: Developer, Java, Consulting, Cloud, Database, Technology
Apply now »