Junior Mechanical Engineer, EIT
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer, EIT to join our Electrical & Mechanical department , located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical this position will be responsible for for designing and drafting the HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems for a variety of institutional, residential, light industrial, commercial, health care and recreational building projects. .
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior staff in the development of drawing packages;
- Design of HVAC systems;
- Design of plumbing and fire-protection systems;
- Analysis of the building's heating, ventilation, and cooling loads;
- Perform engineering calculations;
- Experience to have been focused on building projects. Desirable experience to include light industrial, commercial, institutional, health care and recreational buildings. Heavy industrial building experience desirable but not mandatory;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution;
- Eligible to register as an Engineer-In-Training with EGBC;
- Proven working knowledge with AutoCAD and Revit software;
- Demonstrated understanding of Plumbing, Fire Protection and HVAC layouts;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office;
- A "can do" attitude with good initiative, attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Must have proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment;
- Previous Co-op experience in related field is an asset;
- LEED accreditation and Passive House Certification is an asset;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.