WSP in Edmonton, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Assistant to join our Transportation Group, located at our Winterburn Office in West Edmonton. This position involves supporting intermediate and senior staff in the delivery of various transportation projects.
- Provide project support to intermediate and senior staff for various highway and road construction projects, which may include:
- Internal project set up,
- Documentation review,
- Financial tracking and reporting,
- Invoice reviews,
- Project tracking and scheduling,
- Assisting with proposal preparation,
- Liaison with team members, clients and agencies;
- High level fleet and equipment monitoring and tracking,
- Periodic office and reception duties.
- University Degree or Diploma from an accredited university or college,
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of relevant experience,
- Operate at expert level for Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Operate an expert level for Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling software,
- Sound understanding of budget control and financial concepts/reporting,
- Use independent judgment to determine course of action required to perform assignments
- Detail oriented, extremely organized and structured
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional time management skills
- Elevated degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal skills including technical and professional writing;
- Driven and motivated to excel with a willingness to learn.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.