WSP in Regina , SK
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
REGINA OR SASKATOON
WSP is currently seeking a Construction Surveyor to join our Transportation Team , located at our Regina or Saskatoon office.
- Perform various construction surveys for transportation engineering projects
- Duties include topographical data pickup, construction layout, quantity pickup and calculations, processing surveys via computer software
- Mentor junior surveyors and assistants
- Manage multiple projects and work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiar with using survey instruments and equipment including Trimble GPS, Total Stations, and levels
- Graduate from a survey program, Civil Engineering, or Geomatics discipline preferred but not mandatory. Equivalent related ability/experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of relative experience
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of construction surveying
- Solid understanding of Coordinate Geometry is required
- Experience with construction surveys required for the layout of rural roads is an asset
- Experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD is an asset
- A strong work ethic, and good communication skills with the desire to excel and to achieve with a willingness to learn, and a motivated team player
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver's license
- Periodic workloads and project locations may require being away from your home office for the project duration
- Must be willing to travel, work out-of-town and work overtime/weekends
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.