Opportunities for Maintenance Mechanics
Cavendish Farms in New Annan, PE
OPPORTUNITIES FOR MAINTENANCE MECHANICS
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic will
will be a self starter with a "Can Do" attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic, continuous 4 x 4, 12 hour shift schedule work environment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Working towards or possess a "Red Seal" Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate;
- Minimum completion of Block 1;
- Experience in Manufacturing would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or other CMMS would be considered an asset;
- Must be willing to work alternative shift schedules when applicable for assignments.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Day to day maintenance of equipment;
- Trouble shooting, preventive and predictive maintenance;
- Communication with shift managers and supervisors;
- Involvement in projects and new equipment installations;
- Participation in or conducting training on familiarity with equipment;
- Be willing and able to learn all aspects of the business inside of all departments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and/or hear;
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk and climb; regularly use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms;
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color acuity, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus;
- Work is inside and the noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online at careers.jdirving.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.