WSP in Peace River, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Peace River office. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position would be responsible for all the administrative task. The administrative duties include the word processing, documentation, reports, data entry, photocopying, distribution, filing, preparation of courier packages of projects and proposals, as directed by the Project Managers. Responsible for project documentation, materials, status monitoring, and administrative closeout of each project. This position is required to interact closely with Project Managers and project staff to ensure the timely completion of each project.
This position is for a maternity leave coverage until January 2020 .
- Answer all incoming calls and direct and/or provide information as required;
- Welcome visitors;
- Receive, open, sort, stamp and distribute mail;
- Develop, produce and distribute reports, studies, proposals, and general correspondence;
- Provide administrative support to all departments as needed;
- Maintain electronic filing system;
- Supply inventory management;
- Typing, formatting, photocopying, faxing and emailing documents;
- Coordinate outgoing and incoming courier shipments; reconcile courier invoices with delivery slips;
- Safety coordination;
- Setup of the project numbers and budgets;
- Perform all other tasks that are related to the position of an Administrative Assistant; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- College diploma in Administration or other equivalent training;
- 2+ years relevant experience as an Administration Assistant preferably within an Engineering/Architectural or other professional services office;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Proficient on computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Typing speed of 70 wpm;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Peace River, AB