Responsable régional(e) de la gestion des établissements - Québec
WSP in Quebec City, QC
Responsable régional(e) de la gestion des établissements - Québec
Department Corporate - Facilities
ID # 11045
Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
WSP is currently adding to our Facilities team in Quebec with the addition of two regional facilities managers. One to be based in Quebec City, and to have responsibility for the Eastern parts of the province as well as the Maritimes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Facilities, the Regional Facilities Manager will be responsible for establishing positive and productive relationships with our staff in the various offices and for establishing foundational practices to advance the provincial and national corporate facilities mandate in Canada. As a regional manager, you will have the opportunity to set the direction for the province in best practices and leading innovation in facilities for empowering workers and modernizing workspace. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with various internal stakeholders and align on ensuring any future moves and changes are experienced positively by our colleagues at WSP.
What you can expect to do:
- You will be responsible for managing the administration/facilities component of the offices and in ensuring that there is clear documentation around policies, procedures and that information is readily available;
- You'll be focused on ensuring that efficiencies are well researched and once implemented, that our objectives as a national team are acheived;
- You'l be partnering with the business to ensure that our internal clients are at the centre of our decision-making and that through your positive relationships, they are invested in the success of our mandate;
- You'll be responsible for managing budgets for your region, and in ensuring that costs are well-managed (including purchase order approvals or recommendations from the facilities coordination teams);
- You'll be the primary point of contact for all matters related to the physical buildings, including any contractor or maintenance work and repairs, any service interruptions, and any signage related requests or concerns as well;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that space allocation issues are handled professionally and promptly, including space assignments for new/departing employees;
- You will be accountable for the project management of internal moves and minor fit-out projects or relocations if necessary;
- You will manage corrective measures resulting from audits/assessments to ensure compliance with HSE obligations and policies;
- You will work closely with procurement to manage all Facilities Related Suppliers including all paperwork to ensure compliance with company policies and;
- Any other duties as assigned or required.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Diploma of Business Administration (or equivalent) as well as approximately five or more years of experience in a similar role;
- Be flexible in your work by adjusting to multiple demands / shifting priorities as required;
- Anticipate issues; generate new ideas, participate in team discussions and confidently action new or modified approaches to the role;
- Be agile and and always be seeking to add value;
- Utilize excellent oral and written communications skills to build positive and productive working relationships;
- Provide mentoring and support to ensure team members are maximising their potential; manage performance accordingly;
- Provide backup and assistance to other members of the team particularly in time critical periods;
- Coordination and training of Facilities staff;
- In collaboration with HR, manage the recruitment of Facilities staff;
- Liaise with and collaborate with other Facilities staff to ensure consistency of service delivery nationally;
- Prioritise workloads to effectively perform all duties in relation to the provision of Facilities support of the office in a timely and efficient manner;
- Exercise judgment and work without immediate supervision or direction, whilst also maintaining open and communication with both the Executive team and Facilities team;
- Ability to balance quality, excellence and timely delivery in all aspects of work.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.