General Labourer (Seasonal)
Cavendish Agri Services in Truro, NS
GENERAL LABOURER (SEASONAL)
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the General Labourer will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. is looking for a General Labourer for a period of 8 to 10 weeks (up to a period of 12 weeks).
- Perform physical work such as lifting, loading, piling, and palletizing;
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of machinery and equipment;
- Inspect product on product line in regular intervals;
- Prepare and load raw material for mixing process;
- Prepare product for shipment;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area;
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority;
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs (25kgs);
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends;
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment;
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions;
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task;
- Previous forklift experience would be considered an asset;
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing or farm/fertilizer operations would be considered an asset;
- Valid driver's license preferred.
Please apply online or in person by April 1, 2019.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
- Firearms Acquisition Certification
Branch is located at the following address:
38 Wade Road
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.