Seasonal Delivery Driver
Cavendish Agri Services in Charlottetown, PE
DELIVERY DRIVER (SEASONAL) - CHARLOTTETOWN, PE
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Based out of our Charlottetown location, Cavendish Agri operates a fleet of tandem-axle delivery and flat-bed trucks and are looking for Class 3A operators for the upcoming cropping season to deliver bulk fertilizer to our farm clientele.
Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the Delivery Driver will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and can adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Cavendish Agri Services is looking for Delivery Drivers for a period of 10 weeks, on average, for the spring planting season (starting late April / early May).
- For bulk fertilizer deliveries duties include the safe loading, delivery and unloading of products onto trucks at customer locations
- For flat-bed deliveries duties include strapping loads, positioning truck to prepare for loading, and the use of equipment to assist in loading
- Ensuring all deliveries and pickups are made in accordance with time schedules and perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism
- Ensuring all associated documentation, such as bill of ladings, delivery slips, and invoices are completed accurately and returned to the branch location at the end of the day in order to ensure timely receiving and payment of invoices
- Perform daily vehicle inspections, clean and perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment
- Always represent the company in a professional manner
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority
- Must have minimum valid class 3A drivers license with Air Brake endorsement
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, evenings and weekends;
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment;
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions;
- Knowledge of agriculture would be considered an asset but is not a requirement
- Strong attention to detail
Please apply online or in person by April 1, 2019.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver's License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver's License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
Branch is located at the following address:
19 Riverside Drive
*Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.