Junior Transportation Planner/Engineer
CBCL Limited is looking for talented individuals to join a uniquely supportive and successful team in our Halifax-based Transportation Group. Our team is diverse and energetic, with a focus on innovative work.
CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental and geotechnical consulting services. CBCL Limited is based in Halifax, NS with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and Ontario. We provide professional consulting services in a number of sectors, including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.
JUNIOR TRANSPORTATION PLANNER/ENGINEER
We are looking to grow our transportation group regionally and nationally and as such, we are looking to add an entry-level Transportation Planner or Engineer to our team of talented employees in our Halifax, NS office.
The successful candidate will join our established transportation team to assist in the delivery of projects including but not limited to: transportation engineering for major infrastructure investment projects, public transit feasibility studies, traffic impact studies, parking studies, master plan projects, and the development of active transportation facilities. Project delivery will include data collection and review, data analysis and reporting, developing transportation models including visual simulation, report writing, preparation of graphical representations and presentations, among other tasks.
The candidate will enjoy working within a team environment with highly capable and established professionals working towards innovation and constant improvement of the services delivered to their clients. The candidate should have a range of skills including:
- The ability to conduct research, carry out complex analysis, synthesize findings and provide summaries;
- Write and produce reports and compelling material;
- Review applicable regional planning and zoning by-law regulations;
- Conduct data collection in the field;
- Work with large data sets using spreadsheet analysis;
- Conduct GIS analysis and mapping/cartography;
- Prepare presentation material (PowerPoint, infographics, brochures, etc.);
- Develop effective graphics using Adobe Creative Suite.
CAPABILITLIES & CREDENTIALS
- Excellent skills in writing, data analysis, and problem solving;
- Strong communications skills - verbal, written, and graphic;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with transportation modelling software packages like Synchro, Arcady, EMME, VISSIM, VISUM, and AIMSUN;
- Experience with the production of planning reports and documents;
- Experience with GIS map production and data management;
- Ability to work with databases;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and commitment to a team driven environment;
- Willingness to travel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A graduate degree in Transportation Engineering or Urban Planning, or a related field and/or one to four years of relevant experience.
We offer a unique working environment and an attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with capability and experience. CBCL offers a very supportive environment with limitless opportunities for career growth. Indeed, our philosophy is to provide the necessary support to allow each individual to develop their own interests and increase both individual fulfillment and company success, while promoting a healthy life/work balance.
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly to the Junior Transportation Planner (3139-JTP) position on our careers site using the following link: Careers
CBCL Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its nine Canadian offices located in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John's, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.