Materials Tester, Highways & Roads
WSP in Saskatoon, SK
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
SASKATOON OR REGINA
WSP is currently seeking a Materials Tester to join our Transportation Team , located at our Saskatoon or Regina office.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control testing of HMA including Marshall tests and MTDs
- Provide accurate test results to clients in a timely fashion.
- Ability to haul and setup a mobile asphalt lab, including calibration of an automatic Marshall hammer.
- Sample and test granular base materials.
- Perform proctors on subgrade and/or granular materials.
- Density testing using Nuclear Gauge.
- Graduate from a Civil Engineering program preferred but not mandatory. Equivalent related ability/experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of asphalt field testing.
- Experience in the safe use and handling of nuclear gauges.
- Knowledge of MHI asphalt specifications and standard test procedures.
- CCIL certification in asphalt and soils would be a benefit, but not required.
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver's license.
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Periodic workloads and project locations may require being away from Saskatoon/Regina for the project duration.
- A strong work ethic, and good communication skills with the desire to excel and to achieve, a willingness to learn, and a motivated team player.
- Must be willing to travel, work out-of-town, and work overtime/weekends.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.